Senior DevOps Engineer (AWS, PHP)
We require a DevOps Engineer with AWS, Linux, PHP experience to help build, manage, and support infrastructure for our SaaS offering. The DevOps Engineer will be working within a team of Software Engineers, and play a vital part in building amazing cloud-based products and services.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, a critical-thinker, and highly motivated. Able to work unsupervised, they will possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be a team player.
The DevOps Engineer will have the following Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain scalable AWS-based infrastructure, including Elastic and Application load balancers, multi-region deployments, read-replica databases, and data warehouses.
- Oversee deployments to live, customer-facing environments
- Pro-active communication of technical problems and needs
- Develop documentation and other materials to support ongoing development, change control, and production maintenance
The candidate MUST have the following skills and experience:
- Experience working with a version control system (VCS - git)
- 5+ years hands-on experience as a Unix-based system administrator in a mission critical environment
- 3+ years hands-on experience configuring and provisioning AWS EC2, and RDS assets.
- MySQL server configuration
The candidate SHOULD have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor's degree (or equiv.) in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- Experience managing production environments in a Cloud infrastructure
- Ability to work effectively in crisis situations
- Ability to proactively identify and avoid potential crisis situations